April 19, 2016

Tablet Cozy

www.creativeandcolorfulandcozy.blogspot.com
This is the Tablet Cozy by Kristin Nicholas. It's actually a free pattern on Ravelry. I used some Peace Fleece Yarn I had in my stash. I didn't have a whole lot of colors to choose from and these three were the only ones I had that I thought I could make work together. However, I'm really happy with how it turned out. It also works great for keeping my tablet protected. I do have a silicone cover for it which helps. This just adds some screen protection when I have it in my bag.

The painting in the background is a work in progress. It's upside down and was inspired by the lotus blossoms in bloom at Green Lake. But, I can't quite figure out where to go with it next. In the meantime, it makes a great background for showcasing knitting.

Kristin Nicholas makes all kinds of amazing knitting patterns, in particular, colorwork. If you are interested in knitting colorwork, check out her books. She has two different books on color knitting. And, most recently, she has a book called Crafting a Colorful Home. This book has all kinds of craft patterns including knitting, crochet, painting, and others. But, best of all, it includes pictures of her colorful home.

One of my favorite things about Kristin Nicholas is that she dabbles in and excels in multiple crafts. I also love playing with multiple crafts, learning new crafts, and I have a huge list of things I'd like to learn to do. Kristin Nicholas is the kind of crafter I aspire to be. If you love color and crafting, you will love her books and blog as much as I love this pattern of hers.

Ravelry Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment